There is an exercise that tightens your belly and makes the waist thinner. It’s called “vacuum”. Fans of yoga and bodyflex are familiar with it, and bodybuilders often do it too. For example, it’s Arnold Schwarzenegger’s favorite exercise.
How the exercise works
Vacuum makes the transverse abdominal muscle work hard. When you just do exercises on abs, you mostly strain rectus and oblique abdominal muscles. The transverse muscle helps to keep the stomach taut, not “dump” it.
It’s better to make vacuum on an empty stomach in the morning or 4 hours after a meal. How to do it:
- Get up, bend your knees.
- Put hands on hips.
- Take a deep breath.
- Exhale all air.
- Suck in the stomach without inhaling.
- Make a 10 seconds pause.
- Repeat the exercise 5-10 times.
- When you get used to the technique, you can do the exercise lying down, standing on all fours and sitting.
- You can hold your breath for more than 10 seconds, but do not overdo it!
- Start sucking the stomach in with the lower abdomen moving to the diaphragm.
What else can be done?
Посмотреть эту публикацию в Instagram
Try to make a “wave”. To do this, first strain the muscle on the left, then in the middle, then on the right. Thanks to the rotational movements of the muscles, a soft massage of the digestive, excretory and sexual systems is performed.
Results and contraindications
The following results can be observed given that you do the exercise daily:
- toned belly and slim waist;
- lower back pain reduction;
- good posture;
- improved digestion.
It’s better to abstain from vacuum better, if you have:
- gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- disturbed blood pressure;
- acute inflammatory processes.